Two different pricing pages

On the pricing page ending “/buy2/”, GlassWire prices are $39 / $69 / $99 per year

On the pricing page ending “/buy/”, On this page, GlassWire prices are $49 / $99 / $199 one-time fee

(Links described thus because forum rejected my post containing actual links)

Only one can be correct. i reached organically from Google search, can’t remember precise terms.

Which is it? I’m assuming the former, because internal links point to it. But shouldn’t you maybe take down the other one??

Hello @VarzilTheGood

Sorry for the post rejection. We use the default setup by the Discourse forum software so it wasn’t intentional to reject your post.

We just released GlassWire 2.0 and a lot of our users are still using 1.0. The /buy page you mention is still used by GlassWire 1.0. If we broke our 1.0 buy page then all our 1.0 users would be unable to buy GlassWire since it does not support subscriptions.

We plan to alert all our 1.0 users to upgrade to 2.0 by the end of the month and when that happens the /buy page will be the same as /buy2.

wait a sec, GW2 is a subscription? it doesnt state that on /buy2

but kinda sad that GW2 is a subscription now.

well the GW1 licenses are probably staying the way they are, they cant just change the contract. they did get an update to GW2 and while I dont think they will get eternal updates, they cant really block you from using the last version that will work with GW1 Licenses, because the purchase was for a one time purchased permament license of Glasswire.

but honestly especially the basic and pro sbscription prices are crazy. while I can understand the point of subcription, and for some types of software they are the only sensible model (an anti-virus without updates is the most pointless thing ever for example), and while everyone has its opinion on whether it’s expensive or not, in relation to the single payment prices, this is quite a lot. other software that has gone to subsciption iirc is massively cheaper because of the ongoing cash flow, and not already 60% over one time payment already in the second year (gw basic, one time payment 50$ - subscription 40/year -> 80$ total), and aside from some more or less awesome features, a firewall manager isnt really in critical need of updates, especially considering it isnt the whole firewall but leverages Windows Firewall (which is a good thing though)

@Glasnet

Before ever launching GlassWire 2.0 I pinned a post to the top of the forum here GlassWire 2.0 is a free upgrade for GlassWire 1.0 users that made it clear all 1.0 users get a free upgrade to 2.0.

Most companies actually charge upgrade fees, but we chose not to do that. You brought this up in two or three other threads and I replied and said “I am not sure how more clear we can be about this” and repeatedly let you know this.

I then refunded your money in full and said you could continue to use your license with 2.0. But even after the refund you continue to come here and post that the upgrade is not free.

You have also repeatedly posted links in the forum that VirusTotal reports as malware that we had to spend a lot of time checking and cleaning up and it was a major problem for us.

If anyone is still wondering, the upgrade for GlassWire 1.0 users to 2.0 is still free as we posted in the forum on the launch day, and to use your license code in 2.0 you use it exactly the same way as with 1.0. Go to the top left GlassWire menu to paste in your 1.0 code into 2.0.

We also made this clear in our Blog on the launch day https://blog.glasswire.com/2017/12/14/glasswire-2-0-launches-today/ in the second sentence of the announcement for 2.0.

If any of these posts are confusing I’m very sorry about that and I’ll try to be more detailed in my posts in the future.