Unable to connect

hello,

I have a problem with Glasswire, unable to connect to local server.

I read the forum, and :
– I make 3 news installations of Glasswire
– the service Glasswire control is running

but Glasswire is still tring to connect to local server (bloqued in only 1 attempt!)
can you help me please?
thanks

1 Like

@paul_midicasa

Sorry for the issue.

Why can’t GlassWire connect to its local server and why won’t GlassWire’s graph load?

GlassWire for Windows has a local Windows service that runs locally on your PC. This Windows service keeps track of your network activity for your PC or server. If that Windows service cannot start then GlassWire cannot graph your data usage.

Please note your graph data never leaves your PC, and we at GlassWire cannot ever access that data since it’s only stored locally on your own PC or server. Our privacy policy explains how we can’t ever see your data.

If you are experiencing this problem first try rebooting your PC. If GlassWire still cannot run please uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs, then reboot your PC (this is an important step in the process), then reinstall GlassWire while checking its “clean install” option in its installer. You can download our latest software from our download page.

If GlassWire’s graph will still not load please check to see if the following Windows services are running in the Windows task manager:

• WlanSvc (WLan AutoConfig)
  • BFE (Base Filtering Engine)
  • EventLog (Windows Event Log)

These Windows services are usually on by default unless you disabled them. If you find these services are running but GlassWire will still not run please consider running Windows Update. With very old versions of Windows GlassWire may not run properly. After updating your device please once again try a clean install with GlassWire in the order listed above.

1 Like

OK,
I do the following thigs:

rebooting your PC (DONE).
If GlassWire still cannot run please uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs (OK DONE),
then reboot your PC (this is an important step in the process)(OK DONE),
then reinstall GlassWire while checking its “clean install” option in its installer (OK DONE with the last release)

• WlanSvc (WLan AutoConfig) (OK, activated and running)
• BFE (Base Filtering Engine) (OK, activated and running)
• EventLog (Windows Event Log) (OK, activated and running)

If you find these services are running but GlassWire will still not run please consider running Windows Update (OK, windows is up to date with the last version)

Unfortunatly, Glasswire cannot connect to local server. Another idea please?
thanks

and when I fill my Activation code to activate glasswire, Glasswire restart, but without recording my activation code ?

@paul_midicasa

Please email us with the subject “unable to connect” and include a link to this forum thread. I can send a new unreleased version of GlassWire to test.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Getting the same issue here.
Fresh install does little good.
Windows services are running properly though Base Filtering Engine alone is yet to be found.

1 Like

Windows Defender also needs to be running.