GlassWire 2.0 was released today https://www.glasswire.com/.
We did a lot of testing so users could upgrade from GlassWire 1.0 to 2.0 smoothly, but every computer is different.
If you run into problems please try these tips below.
1. If keeping your graph history or settings is not an issue we recommend choosing GlassWire’s “clean” install option with the 2.0 installer. This will fix problems due to upgrading from 1.0. If you want to keep your history and back it up you can follow these instructions: https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Moving_Database
2. Please also consider choosing GlassWire’s installer option to reset the Windows Firewall settings.
Choosing both these options will solve most problems people are having.
Can’t install or uninstall GlassWire?
Go to your Windows task manager by right clicking your Windows task bar, then right click the GlassWire service and stop it, then try installing or uninstalling again.
Thanks for your patience and support while we upgrade to this major new version of GlassWire.
My Basic, Pro, or Elite code stopped working.
GlassWire 2 is a free upgrade for GlassWire 1.0 users. Check your activation email you used to first order GlassWire 1 and re-activate by following the email instructions. Are you seeing an error? Email us and we’ll fix it. https://www.glasswire.com/contact/
What’s new with 2.0?
- Our major GlassWire 2.0 update is finally here and there are a lot of changes and major new features!
- GlassWire now has a completely new interface with high resolution monitor support.
- We have improved our “Usage” screen after hearing your feedback. You can now select day, week, month, or other custom intervals easier.
- Firewall Profiles! Go to the Firewall tab and choose “Firewall Profiles” to create and save a profile. You can make one profile for public WiFi, and another for home use. Make as many profiles are you need.
- The GlassWire firewall is now optimized to work better with Windows, plus our firewall rules now synchronize with the Windows Firewall. GlassWire now also checks the integrity of the Windows Firewall on every startup, and can restore itself if changes were made without your knowledge.
- VirusTotal API support. Go to GlassWire’s settings to analyze your network-related files with VirusTotal manually, or automatically.
- WiFi Evil Twin Alerts! Get notified if a known Wi-Fi access point becomes unprotected or its MAC address is changed. Help protect yourself from Wi-Fi pineapple attacks.
- You can now choose between system time format and a time format for the native selected language in GlassWire’s settings.
- It’s now possible to switch on/off GlassWire’s “Things” network scanning in GlassWire’s settings.
- You can now establish a remote connection by hostname, instead of by IP address.
- GlassWire now has a free 7 day trial of its paid software for free users! Now you can see what you’re missing if you only have the free version of GlassWire.
- GlassWire 2.0 is a free upgrade for 1.0 users. If you run into any activation issues please email us so we can help you get your free upgrade.