Upgrading to GlassWire 2.0, tips, tricks, bug reports, feedback, and fixes

@magikarp

I got your private message and replied. No, you don’t have to buy a new one and this is pinned at the top of the forum for 1.0 users that GlassWire 2 is a free upgrade.

Sorry bout that, pulled the trigger a bit quickly there. Thanks for the support, it’s all good now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ken_GlassWire is there any way where we can backup a profile and use it in other systems? I could not find anything conspicuous. Is it the client.conf file?

@god here is how to move the GlassWire Database with your data stats https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Moving_Database but I think it will not move your firewall profile.

We should add that as an option in the future, to save and export profiles/firewall rules.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @Ken_GlassWire

I have read that, but I was not sure if it would move the firewall rules. If it doesn’t then, it wouldnt be of use to me.

The issue with Nord VPN is back and it’s no longer possible to fix it with conf file edit since it’s encoded

@Serge_Bajic

If you move the config file to your desktop, then quit GlassWire and its service, then add the required Nord line, then drag it back and restart GlassWire and its service, it does not work? I still see this config file for the beta so perhaps I’m misunderstanding something?

I did just that and the internet dies as soon as I connect to Nord VPN. This is the content of my

C:\Users\foobar\AppData\Local\GlassWire\client\client.conf file

the Nord VPN line got either scrambled, or removed after I restarted my PC.

You’re just looking to wrong place. You need C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\glasswire.conf

I have the same problem…

@greencatcher

If you use C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\glasswire.conf does it work?

@Serge_Bajic?

Hello Ken, Thanks for the reply but I don’t know what you mean by that.
"If you use C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\glasswire.conf does it work?"
Do I have to ad some code or something?
If I open the glassire conf. it says:
db_file_path=C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\glasswire.db
geoip_db_path=C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\GeoLite2.mmdb
storage_path=C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\storage.db
hostname_storage_time=21600
hostname_enable_nslookup=true

Let me know what I have to do…

@greencatcher

Sorry, I think I mixed you up with another customer who had a NordVPN problem.

Inside the GlassWire.conf text file created by Notepad please insert this text.

hostname_enable_nslookup = false

Please move the .conf file to C:\programdata\GlassWire\service

Reboot your PC.

Now the problem should be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, it appears the file was in the wrong place.

ah, my bad, was looking in the wrong place

@greencatcher change hostname_enable_nslookup from true to false

1 Like

I changed it to false but it didn’t help. Still the same problem…

@greencatcher

Did you restart the GlassWire service in the task manager? Maybe also try rebooting.

These new updates are incredibly frustrating as a free user, I was planning on upgrading soon because I liked how certain features are not forced into your face like in other programs and i wanted to use the multiple locations feature, but then these updates happen and now you’ve even taken away basic features from before!

There was about 5 free themes before now I suddenly can’t use the one I was using and there’s now only 2 in which they’re literally the exact same colours. Also the firewall feature is now disabled completely for free users which is now making this program literally redundant from the offset. If you think forcing the hand will get you more purchases you are wrong, you’ve lost my purchase that’s for sure. Especially as on every tab there’s a notification saying upgrade which just makes me NOT want to upgrade, what a shame. I guess greed does this to developers, perhaps create more features instead of locking off pre-existing ones and spamming the upgrade notification on every tab.

@J_H I’m sorry to hear you think GlassWire has no value. Our 1.0 software was available to purchase for over 2 years if you had wanted to support our work.

We are not Google or Microsoft. We are a small team who spent our own money and time to create this project from scratch. We don’t have VC money, we are bootstrapped and we have real bills to pay.

We are very fortunate some people think GlassWire does have value and we appreciate the support of those people and businesses very much so we can continue to work on this project.

I hope you’ll consider supporting our hard work in the future.

3 Likes

After upgrading, some numbers are wrong.
图片

This is data of Oct 2017, the total number is wrong. Data from other time is correct.
Is there any way to look into the data file manually? Thank you!