Version change to empty value

In the last few days I have seen this alert report a number of times. Will this behavior defeat the functionality of GlassWire? Why is it not seeing what must be there somewhere? It is appearing for both MS office components (for example outlook.exe) and other vendor (for example companionlink.exe) components.

I really liked seeing how many changes were occurring in office and other software - once this new behavior takes hold, how will I see such information in the future - especially if I have GlassWire configured to only alert on such changes?

FWIW, I am using GlassWire Elite version 1.2.121, and it is running on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build something or other, on a 64 bit Dell Precision 5510 with 16GB of RAM and 1.5 TB of SSD storage.

Based on all of the issues reported with 2., I’m not ready to upgrade yet, but if this behavior is a harbinger of things to come, and of a feature deprecation, I’m not really interested in continuing with what I thought was a great program.

It was an eye opener to see how many changes to MS components in Office, and elsewhere, were occurring - often several within a few days. That is a key part of the appeal of this software to me. I am just fearful that GlassWire will not see such changes anymore. What am I missing?

Thank you for reading and listening.
Bob

@BobC

This is a bug. I haven’t seen this problem reported with 2.0, but I understand you aren’t ready to use your free upgrade to 2.0 yet (with no future fees).

We have not removed this feature from GlassWire 2.0 and have no plans to.

For what it is worth, the day I wrote the original message, there were 3 apps - two MS Office 16, and one CompanionLink app, that GlassWire reported having “changed” versions, with the above message. Also a few in days prior to that time. The day after I wrote the above message, the 3 subject apps were reported by GlassWire as having undergone another change - from “empty value” to what had been listed before the change to “empty value”. There have been a few other changes since then, without this strange behavior - in other words, the from and two versions were both identified with legitimate version numbers, as I had been taught to expect. I hope this trend will continue.

In any case, I’m pleased there no plans to abandon the version change reporting, with version information.

Thank you,
Bob