When will host blocking be integrated into glasswire

It seems you guys have been working on this since 2015. Are we close to seeing this?

@DI4x4NIRO_F4D3R

We are working on it, but we want to do it in a way that is usable and useful for everyone involved. Sorry for the delay on this feature.

@Ken_GlassWire Is there any way you can provide a rough ETA? You mentioned it wouldn’t be in v2 in 2016 and we’re over 2 years past that. Are you really having that much trouble actually implementing the feature? Windows Firewall Control can do it and that’s free. I understand GlassWire is a complex application but I fail to understand why the people who put it together can’t manage to push out port/protocol/host-specific blocking with 2-3 years of active development. Is it due to limitations in Windows Firewall and you’re trying to write an entirely new host firewall? I could see that taking a while, but the lack of transparency on this is disconcerting. Any insight you can share would be much appreciated. Thanks Ken.

+1 on being able to block hosts. Really enjoy Glaswire Pro, and having the ability to block both programs and hosts would make it even more incredible.

Thanks!

-Robert

1 Like