Why can't I see regular apps activity?

@Rascar_Capac

That’s very strange because Windows Firewall should absolutely have no bearing on counting data. Did you have some unusual rules from a third party app (besides ours) or something like that? Maybe it somehow blocked our Windows service locally from contacting our UI?

Any details you could share would be great. Sending them via email is fine. This way I can help others in the future.

Well I don’t remember doing changes in firewall rules, maybe another app did but i can’t identify, specially now that I applied default settings back. I don’t know how to get this information. I would be glad to help, if you tell me how to do it.

@Rascar_Capac

With so many GlassWire installs nobody has ever reported this so I’m so curious how it’s possible. Do you recall installing any other firewalls at all or blocking anything? If not it’s OK.

I don’t believe it’s possible to see what happened or why by getting older information unfortunately but perhaps you remember something that could be a clue? It could be helpful for others in the future and then I can test and try to recreate this.

Ok i recall now. I remember that i read an article about Glasswire when I was looking for a solution to control traffic when playing online games, but before that I also remember following a kind of “windows defender tutorial” or something like that. It didn’t work as I wanted so I kept looking and found Glasswire.

I just went back on the windows defender settings and seeing the UI I now remember that I did that, a new rule or something, can’t remember exactly but you were right.

1 Like

@Rascar_Capac

I will report this to our team, thank you.