Windows 10 and GlassWire

Has anyone tried GlassWire with the Windows 10 preview yet? How was the experience? I need to give it a try but I haven’t had time yet.

Here’s a Lifehacker article about how to install the preview http://lifehacker.com/windows-10-technical-preview-now-available-for-download-1641212531.

tried to install. got a message saying:
“GlassWire is not compatible with this Operating System.”

Thanks for trying. I’ll see if there is something we can do on our side.

Installed it in Win8 compatibility mode. Everything working so far.

1 Like

Great! How do you use that Windows 8 compatibility mode?

right click the installerpackage > Click Properties > choose the Compatibility tab > check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and choose Windows 8.

Afterwards simply start the setup again and it will install

2 Likes

Here I installed it without setting compatiblity mode with no problems. But after some time using, it aways messes Windows Explorer causing a lot of glitches and freezes (see image). I aways had to manually restart the explorer process. Changing GlassWire.exe to Windows 8 compatibility mode fixed the issue with Windows Explorer.

Thanks for reporting this. We’ll get it fixed before the final Windows 10 release.

Well, actually I was wrong. Launching it in any compatibilty mode doesn’t fix the problem for me. It only took longer to crash Windows Explorer. Unfortunatly, I can’t use GlassWire if I don’t want to have to restart Windows Explorer every once in a while.

I’ll wait for the next release.

2 Likes