2.2 crashes. Now 2.1 won't start

I uploaded 2.2 this afternoon. When I opened it this evening it crashed. 6 times in a row. I uninstalled. Re-installed 2.1 and that, while it does not crash, just shows an almost blank page with no details on at all. Maybe a clean install will do the trick. I’m not at all happy but I guess I’ll have to live with it for the time being.

I assume I no longer have a firewall other than that provided with Windows 10.

1 Like

@piranesi

If you’d like to email us I can send you a version of 2.2 with logging to find the cause. Please include a link to this thread.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Thanks Ken. I have found a solution. I uninstalled 2.1 and had another shot at 2.2 having noticed the ‘clean install’ option when I originally installed it. As an extra precaution I deleted the Glasswire folder in Programme Files (x86) and re-installed 2.2 with the ‘clean install’ option ticked. That did the trick. The only bore is that I have to be patient as I await the stream of requests to connect.
Nevertheless in spite of this problem I am impressed by the software and its diligence. I would suggest you review your installation procedure. I have a ‘minidump’ file that you may wish to inspect.

1 Like

@piranesi

Please send it to our helpdesk if you have some time available. I’m glad GlassWire is working for you now.