An Old Bugaboo Resurfaces

This does not happen often, just occasionally and seemingly at random: When I click the GW tray icon, the program will start as a small window instead of being maximized. I must then click “maximize.” In my next logon session, it will probably go back to starting maximized. It’s not a big deal, just an FYI.

By the way, the Microsoft Edge browser does that same annoying behavior occasionally (maybe 2-3 times a week).

@csdfg2

With Edge I know exactly what you’re talking about. It drives me nuts!!!

I have not reproduced this in GlassWire, otherwise GlassWire would also drive me nuts and I’d be complaining to our team every day. I will report this to QA and see if they can reproduce it and fix it. Sorry for the issue.

This is pure speculation, but I suppose it might possibly be influenced by whether GW uses any of the same system DLL files that Edge or Internet Explorer use. I have been, once in a while, annoyed by similar, intermittent behavior in Internet Explorer, for years. Could it be a buggy Windows system file? Or maybe some kind of interaction between GW and background programs on my own system.

@csdfg2

I don’t believe GlassWire uses any Edge or IE files in any way. I have asked our QA to try to recreate the issue. Thanks for your report.

I will also run GlassWire maximized on my own PC for awhile to see if it happens again.