ARP Spoofing report

On a sporadic basis (1 - 2 times per month minimum) my internet bogs down making it hard to connect to websites, send email and or connect to online games. With ARP spoofing turned on in GW I see hundreds of occasions reporting ARP table change. This typically lasts about 30 - 45 minutes. Initially I thought it had to do with the Shaw/Rogers merger but one of their techs says not so.

Is it possible something in my network could be setting this off. Any thoughts would be helpful as I don’t really understand what is happening when this reporting starts. I believe if I turn off that reporting the conditions (poor connectivity) would still occur I just wouldn’t understand the cause.

Thank you

While ARP spoofing reporting can be useful for identifying issues, disabling it temporarily can help determine if it’s the cause of the connectivity problems. If the issues persist without the reporting, it may be a deeper network problem. If you’ve ruled out issues within your network, reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check if there are any issues on their end. They might be able to provide insights into network disruptions. Periods of poor connectivity may also be due to network congestion. This can happen if many devices are using the network simultaneously. Try to identify patterns and see if the connectivity issues correlate with specific times or activities.

Thank you for your insight. My problem is sporadic, with only 4 events since Nov 14th and lasting from 20 minutes to 3 hours in one case [leaving my pc running 24/7]. My last event Dec 2nd was 40 minutes and I lost connectivity 11 times. I’ve had very little-no assistance from my ISP. I did alert them one time when an event was occurring but they did not see any possible issue [so they said]. Thank you for taking your time to explore my issue and offer suggestions. Cheers

1 Like