Auto Update of Glasswire

Glasswire should not be launching a link to the download page for a manual update. At the very least, there should be a popup asking to update, with a checkbox to Always Auto Update so it never asks again, and it should update itself without any more user intervention than clicking Yes. Obviously there should be an option in the settings panel to disable auto-update.

It’s 2016. Comon guys.

2 Likes

We hear you and we’re working on adding automatic updates like Chrome/Firefox, but we want to make sure we get it right. Sorry for the delay.

Are there any updates on this? It looks like this post is 2 years old and glasswire still does not seem to have automatic updates. I have a lot of machines with glasswire installed and it’s a little be annoying to get popup almost every-time I turn one on.

I actually assumed that when I bought the full version that would go away, but I was wrong.

2 Likes

@stryke_kyte

It’s not available yet. We want to make sure it’s done right so it’s secure and safe.

This is greatly needed.

We want to make sure it’s done right so it’s secure and safe.

It is also making Glasswire and the PC secure and safe to use the latest version of any software. Most people don’t look for updates, the expectation is they should be at least prompted to update.

Auto update is here, it’s just having some quirks. They’re working on fixing it.

In the meantime, on any Windows 10/11 PC you can open Terminal and do winget upgrade --all --silent and this will sometimes update Glasswire too.

Edit: The timing is too funny…

Tried to input this command using CMD prompt and in Powershell. The command didn’t work. Using Windows 10. “winget is not recognized as an internal or external command.” - Strange, it should work.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Start > winver – or Windows Key + R, winver

You may need to get an update to be able to use it.

Installing The Client

The client requires Windows 10 1809 (build 17763) or later at this time. Windows Server 2019 is not supported as the Microsoft Store is not available nor are updated dependencies. It may be possible to install on Windows Server 2022, this should be considered experimental (not supported), and requires dependencies to be manually installed as well.

Microsoft Store [Recommended]

The client is distributed within the App Installer package.