Backdoor on Windows 11 or Explorer

Windows 11 seems to have a backdoor and gives this hacker access to all my accounts using my computer and internet bandwidth.
-All my 3 websites changed, and I finally used GlassWire to show traffic to these sites using my bandwidth when it was not me.
-Settings changing on my computer, like notifications turned off. (The same type of targeting happens on my iPhone.)
-resetting the internet settings and removing Virtual Computer from my Windows-11 did not stop them.
-they have some access/backdoor and donā€™t know how to block them?
Can you help?

In your task bar thereā€™s an icon that says internet access, click on it. An small window will appear that will say Network and Internet settings. Click on it. A window will pop up. Look for Advanced Network settings. Under Advanced Network Settings there will be Change Adapter Options, Click on it. Another window will appear, look for Ethernet Adapter, Right click on it and select disable, wait for the internet Icon to go gray. You have now turned off the ethernet port. No traffic can get in or out. Now for the hard part. Your going to have find what ports have been opened and close those ports. The only ports that should be open are Port: 443; HTTPS and Port: 80; HTTP, if there are any other ports open, close them! Hope that helps. :grinning:

1 Like

First, since you can see the IP address of these intrusions you should block them. There are several ways to do this, but Iā€™ll send you to a site that describes how to do this via Windows Firewall: networking - How to block range of incoming IPs in Windows Advanced Firewall - Super User

Second, get a RDP blocker. I donā€™t know what you mean by backdoor, but brute-force RDP ā€œhackingā€ is popular and automated. Try something like RdpGuard (paid) or EvlWatcher (free).

Third, run a malware scanner like Malwarebytes to find any malicious processes. You can try the free trial of Malwarebytes to also help with RDP blocking as well.

Lastly, try a DNS system like 1.1.1.1 (use 1.1.1.2) or ControlD to help further detect and block malicious traffic. An easy way to do this is to download Cloudflare Warp to make this process simpler, just make sure to use the 1.1.1.2 address ā€“ it blocks known malicious addresses at a DNS level.

Hope this helps and stay safe.

1 Like

Thank you for helping.
-Found out that I could reset internet settings to factory and did that.
-Found out that my laptop had ā€˜Viritual Machineā€™ installed so, I removed that option.
-Finally the big one was ā€˜Hello/Bonjour Servicesā€™ so that app has been removed. (I donā€™t have computes to connect to my network.)
That substantially reduced my traffic: I have no idea what they were doing!
Thanks again.

1 Like

Perform a full system scan using a reputable antivirus and anti-malware software. Make sure your definitions are up-to-date before running the scan. Review the list of installed programs on your computer and look for anything unfamiliar. Additionally, use the Task Manager to check for unusual processes running in the background. Change the passwords for your accounts, especially those that have been compromised or appear to be accessed without your authorization. Use strong, unique passwords for each account. Review your firewall settings and ensure that your security settings are configured properly. Windows Defender, the built-in antivirus software, should be active and up-to-date. Ensure that your operating system, antivirus software, and all other applications are up-to-date. Updates often include security patches.

1 Like