Block only Internet traffice

I would like to see separate options for blocking local and Internet traffic in the firewall. For instance, I may have shared folders which I use locally, but do not wish to be accessible from the Internet or otherwise outside my local network. Or I may have a game which I play over the local network, but I don’t want it connecting to the Internet to check for updates.

It makes it hard to differentiate these traffic types with IPV6 unfortunately but I wish we could add this feature sometime.

If you are going to block Internet access for Windows programs, please read the following steps with care.

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys, and then type control and hit Enter.

Step 2: In the next window, click on System and Security.

Step 3: Click on Windows Defender Firewall option in the elevated window.

Step 4: Click the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option in the left panel of prompted window.

Step 5: In this window, all the apps and programs on your computer will be listed. If you want to block Internet access for Cortana, uncheck it and click OK to save the changes. The next time you open Cortana, you will receive an error message. And you cannot open it.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez