blocked application communicates with ip address

Hello there
An application that I have blocked is exchanging data with my IP address.

What does it mean? Can the app access the internet?

@RenaC

Sorry for the issue, may I ask the app name?

Which firewall mode were you in? Is it “Ask to connect” or “Click to block”?

Hi, I’m using click mode to block.

192.168.1.210 is the ip of my own computer.
So it sent data to my own computer.
This is exactly what it means.
Did the application send data to the internet?

@RenaC

The flag next to the IP shows it is local traffic, so it should not have gone on the Internet. It is something the app did local on your own local network or PC.

1 Like

Thanks.

If it’s not sending data to the internet, then there’s no problem.

1 Like

Blocking an IP Address for Mac Users

1. System Preferences: Find the Apple menu, represented as the Apple logo in the top left corner of your computer screen. Open the dropdown menu and select “System Preferences.” Once your System Preferences menu appears, find the icon labeled “Network.” Then, press the “Advanced…” bar at the bottom of the screen. Navigate to the TCP/IP tab, where you should find your IPv4 or IPv6 address.
  2. Access Router: Next, you’re going to have log into your router. Again, password information can typically be found on the outside of the router, but if you’re having trouble you can always contact your network administrator.
  3. Restrict Access: Once you’ve logged into your router, a list of enabled and disabled IP addresses should appear. From there, most routers will give you the option to deny access to unique IP addresses or an entire range of addresses. You should also have the option to block a website. After blocking the IP address, your network will be protected from that address.

Blocking an IP Address for Windows Users

• 1 – Locate Website to Block: Open your internet browser and locate the website you want to block. Highlight and copy everything that comes after the “www” in the web address.
  • 2 – Open Command Prompt: Navigate to your start menu and open “Command Prompt (Admin).” Paste the website’s web address into the first line of code. Command Prompt should respond by generating several lines of code, which should reveal the website’s IP address. Highlight and copy the IPv4 or IPv6 address. Return to your internet browser, paste it into the search bar, and press enter. Confirm that it takes you back to the website.
  • 3 – Open Windows Firewall: Open the start menu. Locate “Control Panel.” From there, find “Windows Firewall.” Open it.
  • 4 – Advanced Settings + Windows Inbound Rules: With Windows Firewall open, locate and click on “Advanced settings” on the left of the screen. Then, locate “Inbound Rules,” which should also be found near the top left of the screen. This should change the menu options. On the right portion of the window, find and click on “New Rule…”
  • 5 – New Rule: With the New Rule tab open, select the “Custom” option and press “Next.” Advance by pressing Next two more times, until you arrive at a window which asks “Which remote IP addresses does this rule apply to?” Click the option that reads, “These IP Addresses.”

Hope You Find This Useful,
Peter