Can not install GlassWire (0xc000007b)

I made some (maybe too effective) cleaning and software uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller, and this broke my GlassWire installation. I removed whole Glasswire installation, then downloaded Version 3.1.484, but I am unable to install it.

I ran the GlassWireSetup.exe as administrator. I tagged the optional “Restore Windows Firewall Default Settings” and “Clean Install” and then the installtion starts, but it gives an error:

GWInstSt.exe - Application Error

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).
Click OK to close the application

I tried to install some previous versions: 3.0.482, 3.0.476, 3.0.474 … but experienced this same issue and can not proceed with installation.

I ran following commands on elevated command prompt
sfc /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and then I tried everything above again, and restarted the computer a few times in between.
Same error keeps popping up. Any ideas what to try next? I’m out of options

I’m on Windows 11 version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1105)

I would like to add that I actually have GlassWire (partly) installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire but when I try to run Glasswire.exe it throws an error MSVCP140.dll was not found.

I re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe and restarted the computer but running Glasswire.exe still can’t find MSVCP140.dll

Hi beeq
I am not GW support but i have read in the past how Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner and others can mess with GW and other apps. One must be really careful with these cleaning programs. Best to whitelist GW with these cleaning apps.
At the top of this page you can do a search. Try just putting in Revo Uninstaller, and look at the topics there. Or even try ccleaner in the search. You might get clues from these past topics, and what others did when this type of scenario happened.
Another fresh/clean install of GW might work now that you have re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
All the Best with this…

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I performed PC reset which re-installed Windows 11, and everything’s good now. I’ll be more careful with Revo from now on :slight_smile: