Cannot run after install

I use Windows 11 Insider Preview x64. After installation and running GlassWire.exe I get error:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

How to fix?

Sorry for the issue. We have not seen this error before, but we will try to reproduce it. Could it be an issue with Windows itself since this is a preview version?

We have had others run GlassWire with Windows 11 with no issues.

Of course it could be an issue with Windows, because it’s Windows :). Who knows… Error message is absolutely non-human-readable. It’s an installation of Windows running under Parallels 16 VM. There are some software installed, but nothing special.

Thanks for the details. We’ll try to reproduce this so we can fix it.

If anyone else has this issue please don’t be shy and post here! Your posts help us solve these types of issues.

1 Like

Just an idea run sfc /scannow and reinstall GW

“Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.”

It looks like some runtime library is not installed, or installed incorrectly. But which one? Who knows…

You can also try these commands:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I encountered this error this morning while trying to reinistall. Previous error I got while trying to launch the application (on-startup) “msvcp140.dll not found glasswire”.

I still can’t install glasswire.

The last action taken on my system was the installation of a runtime library for a PC game (Forespoken Demo). Going by date and time, the offending runtime appears to be either x86 or x64 “Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable 14.31.31103”

I uninstalled both of these packages (the above game was broken anyway). After doing so, Glasswire was able to reinstall without any problems.

Maybe this can help someone else!

(Always be careful when deleting runtime libraries as these can have a knock-on effect - possibly afffecting other applications!).

Keep well!

1 Like

Sorry for the issue. We have not seen this error before, but we will try to reproduce it.