Changing Firewall modes (e.g. to 'Ask To Connect') still doesn't work in 2.2.210

Well, I’m running the latest version, v2.2.210, which supposedly fixes problems associated with Ask To Connect.

And I still can’t change firewall modes.

I tried clicking on ‘Ask To Connect’, and I just got the same infinite flashing/busy 3 dots I got in the previous version, indicating GlassWire was trying to do something but never completing it.

glasswire_busy

At that point, Windows didn’t have internet connectivity anymore.

I chose ‘Exit’ from GlassWire’s menu, and then relaunched GlassWire. I could then see this:

glasswire_greyed

It was greyed out and couldn’t be clicked on at all.

So at that point I had to open Windows 10’s firewall settings and click ‘Restore Default Policy’, which restored my internet access.

Now, after closing and re-opening GlassWire again, I could click the dropdown again and choose ‘Click To Block’, but now GlassWire doesn’t even know what the current status of the firewall is, as the ‘On’ button is greyed out:

glasswire_confused

Note that all of this is after going through a full reset of all firewall settings when using the previous version, and doing a reinstall of GlassWire, etc.

I’m done fooling around with GlassWire’s different firewall modes. GlassWire is supposed to be acting as a front-end to the Windows firewall, but it has no clue what’s going on. Changing modes simply doesn’t work.

@harkonnen

Changing firewall modes was never a bug with GlassWire 2.2.201. The problem people were having is that “Ask to connect” windows would not appear.

Are you using another firewall software with ours? May I ask what other security apps you have on your PC?

Please try these exact steps.

1. Go to add/remove programs and uninstall GlassWire.

2. Go to the Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults”. Yes, I see you did this already but please try a second time.

3. Reboot

4. Get our latest version and choose “reset firewall” and “clean install”.

5. Go to our top left “About” window and make sure your code is working and you’re a paid user,

Please let me know your results.