Chrome remote desktop

I use Chrome Remote Desktop to access my PC from home. But it happens at least two or three times a week that the connection is lost, and I have to drive to work where I find an alert in Glasswire that ‘Hostprocess’ is asking for a connection. How can I grant Hostprocess the right to always initiate a connection? Glasswire is set to ‘Click to block’.

Thanks,

Arnoud

@akwant

GlassWire shouldn’t block Chrome Remote Desktop if you’re in “click to block” mode. Are you sure you’re in that mode?

Is it possible the app uses another app for its network activity that you have blocked?

I also use NordVPN. Maybe that complicates things?

Thanks for the quick response btw.
Arnoud

NordVPN used to interfere with the Windows Firewall API. I’m not sure how their software works currently.

Hi Ken,
I still have this problem of Glasswire suddenly blocking Google Remote Desktop because the Application info has changed. Is it possible to have Glasswire ignore a version change in Google Chrome? I’d rather not use “click to block” mode, I prefer ‘ask to connect’. Maybe disable Application info monitor? Would be nice if I could disable that just for one particular Application, in my case Google Chrome.

Thanks,

Arnoud