Hello Glasswire Support,
I want to preface with, my hope that you won’t take offense to my skepticism of your software, given that your product is security related.
1. VirusTotal: I’ve downloaded the free Glasswire.exe and uploaded it to VirusTotal which came back with two hits which are:
Antivirus: VBA32 Result: TScope.Malware-Cryptor.SB
Antivirus: Zillya Result: Backdoor.RamnitCRTD.Win32.10438
- Screenshot: i.imgur. com/IsyWqqH.png
2. Company: One of the creators of Glasswire made a ycombinator post years ago and replied to a skeptic who was hesitant to try Glasswire without knowing about the company or its founders. Jon Hundley replied that he ought to have an about page. 3 years later and there is still no about page on Glasswire.com. There is a contact page but not an about page in any conventional sense… No company name, location, photos of founders, etc. Now, I have very mixed feelings because on one-hand this is anti-malware software which helps thwart attackers BUT the same can be said for why that information should be public to potential or existing users. I personally find it disconcerting and unprofessional but would like to read your rationale behind an about page still being absent.
- ycombinator link: news.ycombinator. com/ item?id=8222652
- contact link: glasswire .com/contact/
3. Granular Blocking: I’ve read that Glasswire can’t block individual IPs or Ports and I have a hard time believing firewall software would lack that functionality but can’t find whether or not that’s true.
Buy the Elite edition to have lifetime monitoring on my Windows 10 pro home PC as well as Windows 2008 server. Also, I do appreciate that you guys use HackerOne for bug bounties. hackerone. com/glasswire
– Any response would be greatly appreciated.