Constant high disk usage after downloading torrents

Hey there, I’m having a really annoying problem, always I download something using torrent, GlassWire Control Service keeps using ~1MB/s non-stop causing an insane slow down, what means it’s saturating my disk’s IOPs for some reason. For now the solution is to kill the process.

Sorry for the problem. Another Torrent user reported something similar earlier this month. Could you go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About” and let us know what version of GlassWire you’re using? Thanks.

1.2.57b. Thanks for answering quickly.

We have made some optimizations now. Please uninstall GlassWire, then reboot, then reinstall our latest version released today www.glasswire.com then choose “clean install” with the installer. Please let us know your results with this update.

Seems like it’s fixed. If anything happens down the road, I’ll update this topic.
My bad, I didn’t know there was an update out.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread because it seems like I’m having this problem with version 1.2.71.

@CMonster Please try clearing your GlassWire history and see if it helps. If it does not try a clean install.

Bumping this thread because I also am facing this issue when running uTorrent. I noticed that my laptop was running really slow when downloading a torrent & after looking at the task manager, found out that it was glass wire using almost all of my laptop’s disk resources. I have version 1.2.73 and I also uninstalled my previous version & clean installed 1.2.73. Help, I really like glasswire but I am on the brink of uninstalling it because it slows down my PC like it’s infected with some sort of virus. (It’s absolutely not infected with any sort of virus, just saying it for reference)

@glasswirefan Try uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling GlassWire with the “clean” option, then switch to “incognito” mode when using Bittorrent.

I am suffering from the same problem. I have downloaded latest updated glasswire and switched to incognito mode also. But during use of torrents it uses high percentage of disk causing my system to slow down. Please help I love this software and don’t want to uninstall it…