Display the speed connection in taskbar

Hi, no news about the information in taskbar like NetSpeedMonitor ? Because you widget is nice, but is not good for many people (when swidget is in front, they hide other information and in backgroud is useless, so in taskbar is the best way for me)

2 Likes

Just signed up to push this once again, seeing up / down speeds in taskbar is super useful. Would buy if it had that feature.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to help keep this request alive! :slight_smile:

DU Meter has been doing this for a decade now, and no ā€œWindows Updateā€ has quashed it.

Why not just give folks what they want to see in the software, even if it requires a bit of coding outside of the easy ā€œdedicated APIsā€.? Isnā€™t 10 years enough assurance that this simple functionality will hold?

Sure, a few will complain if somehow after over 10 years, Microsoft introduces an update that causes an issue, but most software companies just deal with it and move onā€¦and most users understand and accept it!

I think everyone is waiting on an API that isnā€™t coming. That means itā€™s time to actually code to get it done!

Thanks.

I know itā€™s not exactly the same, but you can actually place the mini viewer on the Windows Taskbar for the same effect.

Just posting this in case some people donā€™t realize this is possible.

mini

Thank you, Ken.

That particular implementation would work much better, if we were allowed to change the color of the text of the bandwidth numbers to be completely ā€œblackā€ for a light-colored background or completely ā€œwhiteā€ for a dark-colored background. The gray color is difficult to read on most backgroundsā€“even when the text size is increased.

2 Likes

I have also made an example using our dark theme.

dark

I can see how the color of the text could be improved, thanks for your feedback on that.

You are close but not perfect yet.
We need to be able to see the live trafficā€¦ JUST THE NUMBER. the graph is unnecessary. T
You need to try using DU Meter to understand this I think
Annotation 2021-07-01 120837

@Humphrzy

Have you updated Windows 10 to the latest version? We have been told that app no longer works anymore because Microsoft made embedding apps in the taskbar impossible.

Interesting! I will take a look when possible. Maybe they have finally made the API official. I agree itā€™s cool and useful!