Hi I’m looking at purchasing glasswire pro to install on my 3 home pc’s. does the remote monitoring tool also give remote control over firewall connections? Ie. can I remotely block apps or will I have to physically go to the other machine If I need to block an app?
Thanks for considering upgrading!
The remote monitoring feature allows you to block apps from your main PC. You can try it for free with one remote PC before buying.
Your Remote PC:
- First go to the top left GlassWire menu and open settings\server\remote access;
- Check the box “Allow remote access by password”;
- Click “Change password” and set the new password. Try making the password simple for the first connection only, to be sure you don’t have a typo.
- Click OK;
- Open settings\server\general and make sure that the “Remote access state” is “Allowed”
Local PC (the PC from which we are going to connect to the remote PC from):
- Open Settings\Client\Remote server;
- Click “Add new server” and select it on the “Server list”;
- Type the name of the server;
- Type the IP address of the remote server; Go to www.whatismyip.com from the remote server if you’re not sure.
- Type the remote server password, which was set previously;
- Check “Enable connection”;
- Click OK.The connection process should start. If the connection was successful please use a secure password, or limit connections from a certain IP address.
Also, you can choose any port you want by putting in the IP that looks something like this: x.x.x.x.:YYYY where “YYYY” is the port number.