Duplicate Rules after enabled Hyper V

After turning on Hyper-V in the “Windows Features” and rebooting, Glasswire asked again about all outgoing apps. So it just is making duplicate rules, just FYI, in case this is a bug or something, I can see duplicate rules now all being created for every app in my list, like no rules are there, but they are, strange. Maybe add something to remove these dups instead of uninstalling? Or how?

Firewall ON, Ask to Connect. Win10 x64, 1909 18363

Edit, wanted to add, I removed Windows Sandbox and rebooted, now it is re-creating the rules all over again, 3 duplicates now. It may have something to do with removing windows features that makes glasswire forget / ignore all the rules already created? Funny seeing 3 rules for every app now, but not really. :frowning:

1 Like

Welcome aboard Jason Moss! One of the Glasswire Techs will be helping you soon. Meanwhile, I had that same problem. Try Changing {Ask to connect} to {Click to Block} and see if that works. If not, one the Techs will be able to help. (Folding hands saying: Please Work, Please Work!) Lol! BTW, Happy New Year!

1 Like

@Jason_Moss

I will report this to our team so we can try to recreate it, thanks.

@Jason_Moss

We found the issue, thanks for your report.

This will be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile the team suggested uninstalling GlassWire in add/remove programs, then going to the Windows Firewall and choosing “restore defaults” then reinstalling GlassWire using its “reset firewall” option.

Ken, that is great to hear, I thought since I pretty much knew how it happened, to let you guys know and now I am glad to hear you can fix the issue. Keep up the good work!