[Feature Request] Allow once

When the application runs the first time and the allow connection request pops up. Place a third button that says “Allow Once”, this will allow that application to access the internet for the entire time it runs just this time without staying allowed the next time it runs. This way it does not need to be entered into the allow list and clutter it up. Update applications and temporary applications, and so one would fall into this list. If an update only runs once on your computer you don’t need to place it on the list. If something NEEDS to be placed on a list… at least separate that list into a different area or allow sorting by allowed/denied/temporary

3 Likes

You’re not the only one to request this. We’ll try to add this feature in the future, thanks.

Here was my request about this: Feature Request - Firewall Permissions & Ruleset controls

We will add it in the future. Thanks!

1 Like

+1…definitely should be a priority feature in my opinion

2 Likes

necro powers ACTIVATE!

Did this ever happen? I never noticed it pop up.

1 Like

Any progress with allow/deny once?

1 Like

I don’t know why this is such a hard problem for them to implement something close to this. They are just using windows firewall to implement the firewall. So while they might not be able to implement a once time use policy they CAN for damn sure implement a timed policy say… next 5 minutes, hour, or for the day. I can frigging do it with a power shell script or batch file(even though that is a pain)!

I am sure they can do a one time policy though by simply monitoring for when the application quits and then removing the allow policy.