Firewall - block only mobile

In the Firewall, I used to be able to block just mobile, just WiFi or both. If that feature gone in version 3?

I see that I can create different profiles but that would mean I’d have to manually switch profiles when going off WiFi.

Having this feature is especially helpful for my wife who doesn’t have the most reliable WiFi connection at work. She’ll get disconnected from WiFi without realizing it and eat up a ton of mobile data.

2 Likes

@Scott_Hibbard

It’s technically impossible to do this reliably anymore due to recent Android changes outside our control.

We made firewall profiles to make up for it. You should make one profile for mobile and one for WiFi.

https://blog.glasswire.com/2020/03/06/glasswire-3-0-for-android-is-now-live/

“We also found that Google made it impossible for us to block data by WiFi only, or Mobile only with our firewall.”

Others may still have the feature or claim it’s possible but it very clearly leaks and it’s unreliable. It would be wrong to offer this feature when it leaks and doesn’t work due to Android changes we have no control over.

Can there be a feature then that can link to your GPS location? this way you can maybe pin point your Wifi’s

Maybe this will help???

Since we lost the ability to configure the firewall separately for wifi and mobile is it possible to automatically switch profiles when wifi is connected or lost.

This feature was the main reason i started using (and pay for) this app.

John

@Casey_Family

Unfortunately there is no reliable way to detect this. It’s a popular request though and if it can be done in the future we’ll do so.