Firewall Tab - Multiple Instance of Same Executable

Good day. I am running GlassWire Elite Version 2.1.166 on Windows 10 Pro. On the firewall tab I see multiple instances listed for the same application, including the name of the executable and the version number. I may block one and frequently I see another take it’s place. Why would I see multiple instances of these executables? Examples of services that are listed multiple times:

• Bonjour
  • Glasswire control service
  • Microsoft Outlook

I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. I am a new GlassWire customer.

@Jr45672

Are you using another firewall along with GlassWire?

If your Firewall rules are not important, perhaps you could do the following:

Uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs
Go to your Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults”
Reboot
Reinstall GlassWire with the clean install and “reset firewall” options both checked

Now your Windows Firewall API is completely reset and if there were any issues with the rules (due to other apps in the past, etc…), they should be cleared up now.

Thanks for your response. The only other firewall installed in Windows Firewall which is enabled. I installed, reset rules on Windows firewalls, and yet I still see multiple apps showing up as before. I do have Malwarebytes installed on the workstation but to my knowledge it does not affect the firewall. Appreciate any other thoughts. I even tried a scratch build of windows and see the same results.

Could you email me some screenshots of what you’re seeing?
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding.

Of course. I just sent an email with several images to the help email address and added your handle to the subject line.

Thank you.

I replied via email, thanks!!!

Hi Ken,
This has been happening since Windows 7. I have just not considered it to be a problem to ask about; I leave all instances blocked. I believe it has a lot to do with the people that write the code (especially Microsoft, Google and Apple). GlassWire programmers have also figured out how to communicate when firewalled. Apps that regularly go around the GlassWire firewall are: Bonjour, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry, Office Click-to-run, Microsoft Access (although this can be prevented by changing Access app settings), Microsoft Malware Protection, Google Picassa, Google Installer, Internet Explorer (probably Edge but I have never used it), and the Windows Host Process. Of these, I consider Picassa to be a real danger and I have shut off all syncing and picture sharing in its own app settings. In short, if you watch usage daily, you what you need to know.