Frequency of GlassWire data backups/possible to create on demand?

In checking the files in my GlassWire ProgramData folder recently, I noted that I seem to have pretty intermittent and irregular GlassWire data backups (labeled, e.g., service.backup_2020.12.30-10.20.43)–one from each of Dec. 2020, Apr. 2021, July 2021, and May 2022.

Does anyone know, how frequently are GlassWire data backups created and on what trigger, and can a backup be triggered manually?

Also, if I’m looking to save space on a space-challenged laptop, any reason not to delete earlier backups and only keep the most recent, if I’m not concerned about earlier data (for example, I doubt that I’m going to wake up in the middle of the night and jump to my laptop to check my GlassWire data from 2020 :wink: )?

Thanks–

I think it Backs ounce a month. I don’t think it would hurt anything to delete last years data backup. Hopefully someone from the team can give more info on it. :grinning:

Thanks for the info. If the software is supposed to be creating a backup monthly, it then is malfunctioning for me, as I only have sporadic backups (4) from over the past 2 years, and none since May.

Still hoping that GlassWire support can provide some answers.

1 Like

Dear Michael,

I hope this reply gets you in perfect health and enjoying your day.

Please note that what you describe is by design and not a malfunction as GlassWire creates backups automatically before database conversion (on updates), which happens from time to time, since we are changing the database schema.

I hope the above helps. Best regards!

1 Like