GlassWire 2.2.210 now available!

This morning we released a GlassWire update with many bug fixes. We appreciate all your detailed reports in the forum, and to our email address so we could find and fix the issues you found.

What’s new?

• Fixed a bug that caused “ask to connect” to not work in some unusual situations.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Incognito to keep data in the GlassWire user interface temporarily, even after being cleared.
  • Modified the “Evil Twin” detection feature so it works in a more useful way. It will now only alert whenever it senses a completely new mac address, but not every time your mac address changes. Some routers use multiple mac addresses in some situations and the alert can be annoying.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some host names to be kept in the database when the history was cleared.
  • Fixed a bug with RDP connection detection where it would not detect RDP connections in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue with Italian translations.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause GlassWire’s service to crash in some situations.
  • Optimized the firewall to avoid an unusual scenario with some games that could cause GlassWire to experience high CPU usage.
  • Fixed a UI issue that could cause parts of the GlassWire window to flash with some OS versions.
  • Fixed an issue where counting could be wrong in some situations with our usage screen, after updating from a previous version.
  • Fixed an issue where some DNS host names could be wrong in some situations.
  • Many other small fixes and enhancements. We would like so say thanks to our GlassWire fans that reported these issues and helped test new versions to solve them.

Find an issue with this update? Feel free to reply here, or start a new thread. Please include details about your Windows OS version and make sure you’re using 2.2.210 NOT 2.2.201 (our previous version).

Yes, sorry, the numbers are just switched and they are almost identical. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Updated and Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

The version is Steam is 1.2.2122.
Will you update on Steam ?

@Danske_Solceller

I messaged you privately to assist you.

Thank you for the updated fixes, Glasswire Team…

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
Should we get update notification from app ? (using beta 2.2.203) or only from retail version ?
(received no notification from this version about new version :wink: ).
Regards

Where do we download this update?

@GSecurity

Should we get update notification from app ? (using beta 2.2.203) or only from retail version ?
(received no notification from this version about new version :wink: ).

GlassWire is very delayed with notifications, I don’t remember the last time it actually notified me of an update, I usually just check the website every so often.

@KeithMyers

Where do we download this update?

You go to https://www.glasswire.com/ and download it just like you downloaded it when you first got it, during the install it will automatically remove the old version and update to the new one, just make sure you do not have the “clean install” option checked (it should already be unchecked by default) and it will keep your network history. If you want to or have any issues relating to it you can select it to reset your Firewall and it will simply regenerate the rules (this is about the Windows Firewall, not the one in GlassWire).

1 Like

Well, I ask this as the latest beta did test the update notification feature more than once :joy:
So that’s why I want to know if it should already work for this update or not :slight_smile:

We plan to notify everyone of the update probably around July 1.

GlassWire 2.2.210 can be downloaded here.

Great, thank you for the answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem with the update… thank you !

1 Like

Welcome Aboard! :smiley:

It is a good news friend

1 Like

Nice. I like it. Where to download it?

@MrSandman Right here: https://www.glasswire.com/download/

Although the main issue with GlassWire freezing when using the Graph is gone, it still sometimes happens, I am not sure what exactly triggers it but it happens multiple times a day after I go to clear the alerts and then go into the graph view and go to check traffic for a specific point in time.

Edit: It just happened again, went into Alerts, back to graph and it freezed while moving the pointer thing around.

1 Like

@Thinking

I’m very glad you brought this up!

I happen to be testing a completely new version of GlassWire with a graph that’s completely redesigned to use extremely minimal resources. You can even go to its settings and make the graph run off of your GPU if you prefer to decrease its resource usage improvements even further.

I think this update will solve your issue. Please be on the lookout.

Eagle eyed GlassWire users may also notice a difference in the main window.

1 Like

Okay @Ken_GlassWire where is it? I want to do some testing as well. :upside_down_face:

1 Like