GlassWire 2.2.304 now available. Please update!

Again, vs. 2.2.304 will not install on my W10 computer. Is this again a Hashtag problem as before?

@DrDisk07

Sorry for the issue.

What error do you see? We have never had a hashtag problem, and I am not sure what that means.

Hi, ever since the last update I also get a high cpu usage for the Glasswire service. It consumes about a whole cpu core the whole time. It’s very noticable because my cpu (AMD 5900X) is not clocking back to idle mode. Once I stop the service, everything is normal again. Already did a clean reinstall, disabled the firewall and other options but to no avail. I must say it was fixed for at least a very small time after the reinstall but not for more than a couple of hours. Never had this kind of problem in the past, nothing really changed to my system either. Would love to get some advise because I keep Glasswire disabled at this time.

@Fray

I had another customer with a similar issue. In their case they sent me a screenshot of their firewall and I saw that there was malware that would change its file name and location over and over, then try to call out while the customer was in our “ask to connect” mode.

In the case of another customer with this issue, they had kind of an obscure game that was badly designed. While in “ask to connect” the game would go crazy trying to call out in an unusual way that would cause GlassWire to have to work hard to block the game.

We had them make custom logs and that’s how we figured this out.

Do you use any unusual games? Are there any unusual files you see in your firewall? Are you in “ask to connect”?

If you go to your top left menu and choose “About” can you confirm what version of GlassWire you have just in case it’s not 2.2.304?

Thanks and sorry for the issue.

@Ken_GlassWire I have quite some games installed but they are all official trough game stores like Microsoft store, Steam and so on. Nothing obscure that I can tell. I have my firewall in “Click to Block” mode. When I look trough all of the processes I don’t see any strange things. I checked all the paths and I can’t detect malicious behaviour. I also have the VirusTotal scanning enabled exactly for this matter. My version is indeed 2.2.304
If you need extra log files I can provide them to you.

When you say GlassWire is consuming an entire CPU core, what do you mean exactly? What does the task manager show?

Are you using a third party app that shows this or the task manager?

@Ken_GlassWire I use the standard resource monitor in Win10

Are you using Bittorrent?

If you go to graph/apps do you see anything weird there with an app or game using a lot of hosts simultaneously? A cryptominer game for example?

GlassWire’s job is to keep track of hosts you’re connected to. If you use something like Bittorrent your PC will connect to thousands of hosts simultaneously, so GlassWire has to work extra hard to log that activity. If a game is a cryptominer (a cryptojacker) then it can behave in a similar way.

GlassWire Lite is a great option for Bittorrent users.
https://blog.glasswire.com/2020/10/06/introducing-glasswire-lite/

Perhaps none of this applies to you though? If not, please email me a photo of your firewall tab if you wouldn’t mind? Then if I don’t see a clue we can consider sending you a logging version of the app.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

1 Like

@Ken_GlassWire No I do not use Bittorrent, nor do I have a client installed for it.
I have closesly inspected the different apps and their server connections, nothing out of the ordinary or something that is making a lot of connections. Most of them connect to a couple of backend servers with a small amount of traffic. I could try the Lite version but I don’t feel it’s for my specific profile or use case.
I will contact you further trough email with detailed information. Thanks for your quick responses and support!

1 Like