GlassWire blocking installers without asking

I’ve noticed that GlassWire now sometimes decides on its own whether an app should be blocked. In example, a lot of installers, including Bitdefender and NordVPN have been blocked, without my knowledge (my firewall is set to “Ask to connect”). This is not correct behaviour. @Ken_GlassWire can you shed some light on this please? Thanks

@Serge_Bajic

GlassWire does not decide anything itself. However, if a new app tries to connect to the network while your PC is booting and if our application has not launched yet then GlassWire will block the connection by default.

This situation is unusual because usually GlassWire starts quickly on boot, and usually apps don’t try to connect during bootup for the first time.

If this is happening while you’re using GlassWire and not on boot then perhaps there are some problems with your firewall rules, or perhaps there is some type of corruption with your settings. To solve it:

1. Uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs.
  2. Go to your Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults”.
  3. Reboot
  4. Install GlassWire’s latest version with “clean install” and “reset firewall” options checked.