Glasswire blocks MTG Arena launcher to download

MtgaLauncher.exe - hxxps://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena is whitelisted, it creates a “MTGAInstaller.exe” in TEMP directory and launches it, the installer displays an error box:

Error

Cannot access URL: hxxps://mtgarena.downloads.wizards.com/Installers/Windows32/0.1.1529.0/Live/MTGAInstaller.msi

ОК

The TEMP folder is located on a virtual disk ImDisk - hxxps://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/ - I guess this causes the problem but I really like to have my TEMP there.

Turning OFF the firewall allows to run MTGA launcher with no problem.

Thanks. We will try to recreate this.

Do you use any other firewalls with GlassWire, or have you used any other firewalls in the past with your PC that could have some old saved rules?

What version of GlassWire are you using if you go to our top left menu and choose “About”?

Windows was installed about a month ago, I’m using only GlassWire 2.1.158 Basic (Steam key) and didn’t used any other firewall or internet security solutions.

1 Like

Guessing the same, should be the combination of virtual drive and your TEMP folder within. MTGA Updater works fine for me me through the latest gw versions on local TEMP folder.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s working @glassmorti.