Glasswire cause BSOD

Hello, i just bought Glasswire , and whatt happened is after a while using it i got a BSOD,
whocrached app tellws me this:

On Mon 8-6-2020 14:34:03 GMT your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: gwdrv.sys (gwdrv+0x424e)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8027A373358)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\gwdrv.sys
product: GlassWire
company: SecureMix LLC
description: GlassWire Driver
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: gwdrv.sys (GlassWire Driver, SecureMix LLC).
Google query: gwdrv.sys SecureMix LLC DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I use Glaswire Version 2.2.201
what might be the problem?
Thanks
Jac

@jaccies

We are preparing an update. If you want our beta sooner that solves this please email me with a link to this thread.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

GlassWire 2.2.210 should solve this issue for most people. Please update!

I’m hoping this truly fixes the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. For the past year or so, I’ve had this creep up, so I uninstall glasswire (as I know that’s what causes it) and every new GW update, I try again. I love the app, but I can’t have the random crashes when I’m in the middle of work.

I’ll be trying again! Thank you for the update!

1 Like

@unreal

Although it says it’s our fault, sometimes it can be third party apps causing the crash due to some type of unusual conflict.

If you find this issue keeps appearing then you can email us the details so we can investigate.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

The weirdest problem I ever saw. How can it cause BSOD?

For the latest version i reported also that the BSOD happens twice a week ( sent them the DMP file) , before the new version i had every day a BSOD so there is some progress

Still twice a week a BSOD so i uninstalled Glasswire , dont want to loose my work anymore !!

@jaccies

We will have a new update out in a couple weeks. Thank you for sending your logs so we could diagnose the issue and fix it.

You should post your full hardware specs to help isolate what may be causing this, along with posting/linking the crash dumps for analysis.

1 Like

The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).

Regards,
Rachel Gomez