Glasswire GUI closes without warnig when installing nvidia drivers

As the topic says the Glasswire GUI closes down without any warning whenever I install a new nvidia driver.
Possibly connected to GPU acceleration. It’s not a BIG deal since I always restart after installing / updating the display driver. Even though it isn’t necessary. In glasswire version 2.2.260 the GPU toggle isn’t visible anymore so cannot test if it’s related to GPU acceleration.

@REA

We removed GPU acceleration because it would cause crashes like this sometimes. Is this only happening to that previous beta with GPU acceleration, or does it happen with our latest version too? I see you did mention 2.2.260 but I thought I’d double check.

Yes, it happens with the latest version. build 2.2.260.

1 Like

@REA

I think you’re seeing this issue because of a setting that was enabled when you tested a beta version of our app.

Please quit GlassWire’s UI (under the top left GlassWire menu) and then go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\GlassWire and delete the client folder. This will disable the GPU acceleration setting and should solve the issue.

1 Like

I removed the client folder. I will report back when I install a new display driver.

@REA

We removed GPU acceleration specifically because of issues like this. I hope the change will solve it.

A short update.
I just installed the latest nvidia driver v457.51 and the GUI didn’t close (GW 2.2.268).
So the fix fixed the issue. :smiley:

Should the rest of us be deleting this client folder if we have it, and don’t have any issues?
Is it not needed for anything related to GW?
Thanks in advance…

@GlassWare

Did you use one of our beta versions at one point?

Hi Ken, i may have at some time in the past to fix some sort of issue. The client folder was created by GW in June 2020. Is needed or can it be deleted, or just left there.

@GlassWare

If you are having no issues I recommend leaving it as is. The other person had a unique situation.

1 Like