Glasswire service stopped

W10 Famille - 21H1 - 19043.1348 / GW Basic 2.3.374 (FW Off)

Hello,

The GW service stopped running.

I provided the .dmp file to the support (as a reminder this file is dropped on the desktop of the admin account by GW not on the desktop of the account with which you are connected).

The restart feature works.

1 Like

Thanks for providing the .dmp. We will investigate.

Hi,

I had the same problems a couple months ago. All I did was turn Firewall off in GW and the problem stopped.
Dont know why the Firewall was On in the first place. May be an Update turned it on.
However, since then No Problem.

The same happened to me. GlassWire stopped for 24 hours starting at 6:00 pm Dec 16, 2021. The Connect button did not work for me, nor did the Restart GlassWire feature. I performed a cold restart of my PC, and it appears to be working now. I went through the Notifications recorded before the outage and found nothing suspicious on my end. I do not have the GlassWire Firewall on, I use Kaspersky Total Security.

@GrayRaceCat

Sorry for the issue, I’m glad it’s working now!

Using GW 2.3.335 on Windows10 21H2 and tonight I happened to notice a grey icon in the systray. Clicked on it and low and behold it was Glasswire. It had terminated/crashed without and notification whatsoever. I went into services and started the Glasswire Service up manually and got it running again.

It does not instill confidence in a software firewall where it can simply crash without warning. I have no idea how long it has been dead in the water. This isn’t the first time this has happened on this system.

1 Like

Sorry for the issue. A new update is now available.