Glasswire's website checker tool

Hello everyone :wave:
I think there was a page on the official glasswire’s website that you could enter an IP address and it shows you a set of information about that.
for example when I enter 8.8.8.8, it shows me the open ports of this IP, security level and etc…

Where is this page right now? or maybe I’m wrong and it was another website!

Hello,

Usage-Hosts : hover your mouse over the host and you would get the information you need

1 Like

Thank you. I looking for this page:
https://www.glasswire.com/host/

With Glasswire’s help, I was able to block two Trojans:
unknown.ord.scnet.net IP 75.102.13.138
unknown.servercentral.net IP 50.31.186.173

A large web host server might host 35,000+ websites … don’t think anyone can track all the malware that might be running through it … so server might check out okay and it doesn’t mean much. I could be wrong, but just my impression.

I use:

• The uBlock Origin plugin in my browser with the many filter lists it offers, to prevent me from connecting to a known malware website:
    Dashboard: Filter lists · gorhill/uBlock Wiki · GitHub

• GlassWire to only allow trusted programs to connect to the network.

• AV software to hopefully catch anything that might get past these lines of defense.

There is not just a simple silver bullet solution for online security, and I would not rely solely on a website checker. It’s just another tool.

I also keep my hard drive image backed up and offline, ready to restore if necessary.

1 Like

Can I have more information on how to read the host page. What does 0 indicators redirect to this mean? When checking an IP address it lists attributes such as port and protocol and alos technology what is technology and why is it important? If there is anything else of importance to do with this page to share please do.