Halo Infinite and firewall do not compute

I’ve reset and reinstalled everything
But turning on the firewall brakes it every time. even when its not blocking anything… I’m lost…

Sorry for the issue. Sometimes apps need connectivity to function unfortunately.

That sucks… I don’t want no fire wall when I’m gaming online… or what’s the point of having one?

You should be able to allow Halo Infinite, while blocking other apps. So, you can choose what apps you should allow or deny with our firewall.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding something. Sorry for the issue.

No I think u get what I’m saying.

OK I narrowed it down to (ask to connect) profile.
And that’s the profile I want and like.
and with it blocking nothing it still wont work…
but on (click to block) profile it works… odd

I just turned off the firewall before found this trick just now

I think I understand now. We will try to reproduce this on our end and see if we can do something. Thanks for your report and sorry for the issue.

Meanwhile, for others who have this issue, sometimes it can be caused by using two firewall applications simultaneously. A solution is:

1. Uninstall GlassWire and the other Firewall
  2. Reboot
  3. Go to the Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults”.
  4. Reinstall GlassWire and check “reset firewall” with the installer.

Now the issue should be solved.

I understand this may not be your issue though (having two firewalls) but I post this in case someone else has this issue, so they can find a solution in the future easily.

Also, if you ever used another firewall sometimes it can leave its rules even if it’s uninstalled, and that can also cause this issue. So following these rules above can solve the problem.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

I believe that Halo Infinite on PC is another Microsoft Store app such as MS Flight Simulator, that had issues with the GlassWire firewall.

Have the issues with MS Store apps been resolved?

We are still investigating if it’s possible to solve the issue with MS Store apps. So far we are having difficulty because the API we use doesn’t support those apps.

1 Like

i just reinstalled my whole os but sure ill give it a shot… one min

nope same thing

1 Like

Sorry! We will work to reproduce this and see how we can improve it in the future. I apologize for the issue.

1 Like

I actually had a similar issue when Infinite first came out. Are you certain the xbox services are on? I have had to run a few things on “Click to Block” in order to get stuff to work.