How can I monitor my others devices connected to the same network

How can I monitor other devices? I just want to know their total individual bandwidth usage, plus set a quota for them, is any of it possible?

I see there are 7/8 devices in THINGS which is accurate but there is no option to see their data consumption or anything else,
there is another option called Server List, what is this for? can I connect other devices from this section? I tried though, it requires an IP and Password when I tried to add one, but what password is it? Is it my routers Admin pass or something else?
Thanks for your time.

@Sabbir_Abdullah

Unfortunately GlassWire cannot track your entire network because that would mean it would need to interface with your router. Unless your network is all PCs, in this case you can monitor all the devices from one GlassWire client with our remote monitoring feature https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Remote_Monitoring.

However many people world-wide use GlassWire to stay under their ISP and mobile data limits. The reason people use GlassWire to stay under their data limits is because in most cases PCs are responsible for data overages and GlassWire can show you in detail what apps/hosts are responsible for using your data. You can then block those apps with our firewall, or just uninstall them.

We also have an Android app https://www.glasswire.com/glasswire-for-android/ that also focuses on data usage, and can show data usage for WiFi and mobile.

GlassWire also has a “Things” list that shows all the IOT (Things) on your network. It can alert you when a new unknown device joins and starts wasting your data.

In most cases it’s actually smart TVs and other streaming devices (phones/tablets) that eat up data. It’s unfortunate GlassWire can’t track the data usage of other devices connected to your network (due to good reason), because that was the only reason I started a subscription. You guys should probably make it a little more clear that GlassWire only monitors the device it’s installed on, sales would drop but at least it’d be honest marketing.

@Jason_King

Sorry for any confusion. We will try to improve in the future.