How do I find this and remove it? REMOVED APP SHOWING AND USING DATA

I have an app that must be one of many I deleted when cleaning my phone to prevent possible malware. It shows up in my data usage as removed, yet it’s still using data and I have no idea how to find out what it is and to finish removing it or it might be malware.

Also recently I’ve had issues with some apps on my phone, how do I find most recent connections, if no new apps have been downloaded? I’m worried streaming some shows may have added malware via pop-ups possibly.

@stane_KASS

Sorry for the issue.

If you restart your phone is the app still using data? Perhaps the uninstall process did not complete somehow and a phone restart will solve the issue.

Ii have restarted, it still consistently shows up, the apps aren’t around anymore. I deleted like 20 apps believing one may be a virus. And I purchased this to prevent that in the future at least connection wise.

I don’t know what the removed app is, I can’t find any info on it, and it’s not available in my firewall section to close the data usage connection. I suspect it’s malware or something. What can I do?

If I was in your situation I’d do a Google search for your phone type, and how to do a factory reset or a clean Android OS install.

“Removed” is shown in my GlassWire as the biggest consumer of data by far between Nov 1, 2022 and Feb 21, 2023. It is NOT removed apps. Please see my screenshots and notice that it is using data as concurrently as I write this message. It is the footprint of malware. I know I have either a hacker or spyware on my laptop and cell devices. My laptop’s event log confirmed my suspicions by showing me remote accesses, security bypasses, impersonations, everything. Glasswire, please exploit this capability of your software and monetize it. I ask because I know I have either a hacker or spyware on all my devices and GlassWire shows Removed active on them all. Please help! Until then, I’m going all over your forum and spreading the word and showing these screenshots. Please contact me if you want to see a hacker in action.
Screenshot 1: “Removed” used far more data than anything else on my phone, including Qobuz, the Hi-Res music streaming service.

Screenshot 2: “Removed” is a clever name for the malware and from what I’m reading and all the confusion, it’s working well. This screenshot shows it’s activity from Nov 1, 2022 to Feb 21, 2023, today.

Screenshot 3: This is the smoking gun. I haven’t removed any apps or cleaned any cache or memory just to take a clean “control” screenshot of “Removed” using data. Please notice that it’s using data concurrently as I write this message (3.4 MB, 9:00PM - 12:00AM, 21 Feb). That’s right now, today.

Did you ever get this figured out? I think someone has been spying on me and reading your reply has me even more freaked out… Here’s the screenshot I have. Why did it spike today? Suspicious… Please message me or reply to this.

Hey, I have the same problem… can you help to avoid this? Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Did you find out anything?