How to delete my account and personal details

Cannot find any method to do this.
Nor can I find anywhere on how to change my email address.

1 Like

Hey Katie from GlassWire here - I have just moved this over to the GlassWire Help topic. To make account changes or to delete details please email our support team at help@glasswire.com with the details of the account you want to edit or remove.

1 Like

Lots of hoops to jump through to remove the spy from the program

Just our of curiosity, to be compliant with EU laws.

How do I request you to remove data collected from my machine while I do not have an online account!?

GDPR, and privacy laws in general, regulate the treatment of Personal Identifiable Information (PII), ie. information which may be used to identify or single out an individual. GDPR requires companies to provide users a list of the PII which is collected, how is it used and the ability for a user to delete it, if they wish to do so.

If you have NOT made a cloud account, we have no way of identifying who you are and therefore we do not hold any of your PII. Whatever data you contributed can never be linked back to you as we don’t know who you are or how to identify you. So there is nothing to delete as we never had your personal details in the first place.

If on the other hand you have provided us with your details, you can write to privacy@glasswire.com from the same email address as your glasswire account and ask for all the data associated to your account (including the account itself) to be deleted.

1 Like

Hello Katie, This is not on the topic of deleting my account. But what I’m going to tell you isn’t “off topic” because it happened on your post. First, I’m no newb. I had 22 years in I.T. from 1995 at 38 years old to 2017. My forte’ is troubleshooting, problem resolution and the last 8 years (2009) of my career in data and disaster recovery.
I thought I’d bring an issue in this Forum to your attention.
I’ve been using the free version of GlassWire for some years. I’ll be purchasing a license today.
I had a question so I came to the Forum for the answer. I had not signed up on the GlassWire Forum at that point.
I was reading this post of yours. I liked it! So I clicked on the “Heart” icon. Remember I wasn’t logged into the Forum but I was already logged into the Desktop GlassWire App so I thought the Desktop App login covered the Forum as well, obviously I learned that it doesn’t. Buuut! when I clicked on the “Heart” (not logged in) to indicate my like for your post an interesting thing happened. User Batpup’s icon displayed as the User who “Liked” your post. I took a screen shot which I’ll post here. Keep in mind! I wasn’t logged into the Forum. I was just a visitor at that point. I’ll be informing Batpup of this anomaly as well

Best Regards

Hi @Techologist,

Thanks for your message. The post you liked was originally liked by Batpup back in October. When you click on the heart icon and you are not logged in, you are unable to action the like, instead a list of users who have already liked the post will show.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Best,
Katie

1 Like