How to disable GlassWire login popup

Hi @Katie_GlassWire

Thanks :slight_smile: Can confirm that this is resolved now.

At least in 3.1.484 that is simply not true.
I get this worthless, annoying popup. Every. Single. Day.
I understand it from a company point, you want everybody to make an account… but for a user it is incredibly tedious and whoever decided on doing it this way knows that, but completely ignored it.

And yes, my Basic license is activated in the program.

Hi @Ap2000,

Thanks for your message. We disabled the pop up, so it should not be present on any version from 3.0.476 on wards. Please can you share a screenshot of the pop you with me by emailing help@glasswire.com so the team can investigate further?

Thank you
Katie

I can confirm that this login popup still shows up in version 3.1.484.

There is no check box to disable this, even though this is something people above clearly care about.

I have about three months left on my subscription and will cancel it unless this is resolved, because this kind of underhanded behavior in a company (nagging users to register against their own interest or wishes) usually suggests more problems, further on down the line.

Hi @Smith,

Indeed this is something our users care about and this is why we have disabled it. Were you able to send a screenshot of the pop up so the team can investigate this bug?

Further to this, we are launching 3.2 next week which has mandatory log in removed. There will be more about this upon launch.

Best,
Katie

It happened again today after booting my PC.
I will send a screenshot the next time it happens and I hope I don’t forget about it.

I’ve been a GlassWire Pro user since 2018 (purchased through steam). I don’t understand the push for a sign-up of a free account. Why would I want a free account? To “test enhanced features for free!”? I don’t want to “test” your software, you have people for that? How do I “test” your software anyway? I don’t see /any/ API documentation, and the source code seems proprietary?

Also in GW settings of “Account” there’s: “Create an account for free to activate all GlassWire features for free!” I /paid/ already. Why do I need an online account to enable “all features for free”?
This is not a freeing experience. I don’t feel like any of this actually free. I mean, I did pay $100.

I created an account to tell you guys that I don’t want an account.
Why am I being presented with a persistent pop-up with no ability to permanently disable it (merely a “login” or “remind me later” buttons,) and that it presents itself on every subsequent reboot? And will interrupt me at anytime. Breaks my flow.

I do not want a GlassWire-popup-dismissal-after-boot reminder to be a part of my daily routine. Why am I forced to dismiss this every time I boot my machine? Please stop.

Does Windows 11 not have a way of disabling notifications for certain apps that are written (programmed) to behave in this manner? This seems incredibly pushy. Is this the “vision”: popups that are not part of the OS UI/UX and cannot be disabled without an online account?

I was actually in the middle of doing something when this notification popped up, right over a full-screen app.
Optics matter here. This is annoying behavior. A very frustrating experience especially when there is no clear way to disable it. Considering I paid, I would expect not to get nagged to make a free online account for free features that I’ve already paid for.

Overall I liked the software and the UI, but the UX and an ad built in to “buy” is making me consider other options. How many times do I need to purchase this software? I bought the “Pro” version of GlassWire through Steam. Do you want me to sign up for a yearly subscription now? Is there a new business model? Is GlassWire a paid service now and if you want all the features you need to pay annually, and have an online account?

Hi @BobK,

We disabled to the pop up to log in back in November. Can you tell me which version you are on which still has the pop up enabled? This is not expected behavior and I will need to investigate.

Further to this, we have removed mandatory login with the latest release this week, please upgrade to the latest version 3.2.490 where there is no pop up or banner to log in.

As for the messaging to login “Create an account for free to activate all GlassWire features for free!”, currently the features GlassWire Score and Anomaly Detection can only be functional if the endpoint is authorized with an account. So, we just want to let users know that these feature do exist and are available to all users for free. We are still building a way for these features to be functional for unauthorized endpoints (users with no account).

As for the account you have created, we can delete it if you do not want it. Please just email into support.

You mentioned about billing and subscriptions. All legacy licenses (Basic, Pro & Elite) are still valid for GlassWire v3 so you do not need to purchase a new license.

Best,
Katie

Hi Katie, thank you for the quick response and helpful information!

There seems to be a bit of confusion about this app. On the one hand, Steam client reports that GlassWire is up to date, on the other hand, it seems out of sync with the online version. Are current GlassWire builds not pushed to the Steam client? Or, perhaps, the updates are staged?
Maybe something else? Perhaps a version specific to Steam?

GlassWire: Current installed version: 3.0.474 via Steam client
Upgraded to version: 3.2.490 via website (2 Feb 2023).

Additional information: Steam client: pkg version: 1675222618 reports: GlassWire (App ID: 355000); Build ID: 2647558; Installed content updated: Nov, 28, 2022. (as of this writing - 2 Feb 2023).

I’ve updated to current GW via website (thank you). Although you’ve stated pop-ups have been disabled in the Nov release, it will still show a pop-up if using the current Steam client version of GW.

Regards,

Hi Bob, we are not supporting distribution via Steam any longer. Please download any version directly from the website going forward. If you are still having issues pls email the support channel and they’ll follow up directly with you.