Installation Problems With Windows 7 SP 1 (Solved For Me)

Quick possible solution : installing kb4490628 and kb4474419 windows updates might help

Detailed story + Download Page

I am using russian version of windows 7 sp 1 x64
Glass wire version is 2.1

Some time ago i was trying to install glass wire but encountered an installation error and after searching forums for a couple of hours decided to just abandon the idea

What happened was glass wire installer would get stuck at around 80% and stay like that.
If i closed installation with task manager glass wire would launch but it would not work properly.
(It showed nothing and then soon crashed)

Today i decided to try to install glass wire again hoping that there might have been some glass wire updates that would solve the issue but i got the same error again

Also today i was reinstalling my anti virus and it told me that windows 7 is no longer supported by microsoft anymore and asked me to upgrade windows or at least install kb4490628 and kb4474419 windows update packs

After installing them and anti virus i decided to try to install glass wire again and althought i still got some error this time it finished installation and now it works properly (I guess, i have never used glass wire before) .
Now i can see all tabs and graphs so i suppose it works normally.
So i guess the problem is solved for me

kb4490628 and kb4474419 Can be found on microsoft official sites

Links

It appears that this forum does not allows posting links for new accounts and number of pictures is limited to 1 so i guess i wont be able to post links

Here are page names though (you can use them in google to find the page)

kb4474419
SHA-2 code signing support update for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008: September 23, 2019

kb4490628
Servicing stack update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: March 12, 2019

In the middle of the page there is " How to get this update " section.
There Is " Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog " link if you dont want to use Windows Updater.

Microsoft update catalog links lead to download pages where you will be offered to choose specified update versions for different windows systems and processor types (x64 or x86).
Sadly that download page automatically loads for me in russian and i cant find english version so i cant tell the exact name of the update version i used. ALSO IF YOU ARE USING DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEM OR PROCESSOR TYPE YOU MIGHT NEED DIFFERENT UPDATE VERSION THAN ME. (You can google how to find out if you have x64 or x86 based processor).

Roughly translated names of update versions I USED are:

kb4474419
" Windows security update OS Windows 7 for x64 based processors (KB4474419), 201909 ]
Last Updated 09.09.2019 Size 53,3 MB "

kb4490628
" Security update stack for Windows 7 for x64 based processors 201903 (KB4490628)]
Last Updated 11.03.2019 Size 9,1 MB "

I can not recreate the error i used to get to get a screenshot of it because i already installed kb4490628 and kb4474419 but here is the error i still get when i try reinstalling glass wire now

(Despite me still geting this error during installation , after installation glass wire works normally (or at least i suppose so) and therefore i guess that the problem is solved for me)

Thanks for reading i hope this will help

MOST LIKELY I AM NOT GOING TO VISIT THIS FORUM AGAIN SO MOST LIKELY I AM NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RESPOND TO MESSAGES ADDRESSED TO ME

Thanks for posting this useful information.

Some people prefer Windows 7 even though it’s no longer supported by Microsoft, but in case someone wants to consider upgrading Howtogeek has this great article on how you can get Windows 10 for free in some cases. https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

There are several methods that can be used to install, to uninstall, or to update a program. Additionally, the method or methods that are used may not have started or completed successfully. In this situation, try some other method to install, or to update the program.

The following are common methods that are used to install software:

Insert the CD or DVD media, and then let the installation auto-start.

Browse to the CD, DVD, removable media, or other location where the programs installation files are stored, and then double-click the Setup program. The setup file is typically one of the following:

Autorun or Autorun.exe

Setup or Setup.exe

Install or Install.exe

Click Run when you download the program from a website.

The installation media is unreadable

Installation media such as CD and DVD media may be dirty or scratched and therefore be unreadable by the CD or DVD reader. To resolve this issue, follow these methods:

Method 1: Clean the CD or DVDTo do this, use a CD or DVD disc-cleaning kit. Or, use a soft, lint-free cotton cloth to gently wipe the silver side of the disc. Do not use paper cloth, as this can scratch the plastic or leave streaks. When you clean the disc, wipe from the center of the disc outward. Do not use a circular motion. If the problem continues to occur, clean the disc by using a damp cloth or a commercial CD or DVD disc-cleaning solution. Dry the disc thoroughly before you insert it into the drive.

Method 2: Copy the installation files to your computer or to other removable mediaWhen you do this, note the location, and then run the installer from that location. The installation file is typically named Autorun.exe or Setup.exe, but this may vary. If you’re not sure, check the Readme file in the folder for instructions about how to run the installation process. If an executable file (.exe) is available, we do not recommend that you run .msi files directly without specific instructions from the vendor.

Note If multiple CDs or DVDs are required, we recommend that you copy all the disks to the same folder, in reverse order (higher disk numbers first). Be prepared to approve the overwriting of existing files if you are prompted, and then install from that location.

Method 3: Obtain a fresh version of the installation packageIf you tried to install from a CD or DVD, do the following:

Check the software manufacturer’s website for a more recent version of the software package. Download and install the new version.

If you already have the latest version, download the program from the manufacturer’s website, and then run the installation.

Downloaded or copied installation files are corrupted

Method 1: Copy the installation files to your computerCopy the installation files to a local hard disk on your computer or to other removable media. Note the location, and then run the installation from that location. The installation file is typically named Autorun.exe or Setup.exe, but this may vary. If you’re not sure, check the Readme file in the folder for instructions about how to run the installation. If an executable file (.exe) is available, we do not recommend that you run .msi files directly without specific instructions from the vendor.

If you are installing a program from the Internet, redownload the file (select Save instead of Run in the download dialog box), save the file to a folder on a local hard disk on your computer or to other removable media. Then, run the installation from that location.

If your installation files are on a network (for example, a commercial or corporate environment), copy all the files to a folder on a local hard disk on your computer, and then run the installation from that location.

Method 2: Obtain a fresh version of the installation packageIf some time has elapsed between when you downloaded the package and when you tried to install it, do the following:

Check the software manufacturer’s website for a more recent version of the software package. Download and install the new version.

If you already have the latest version, download the program again, and then run the installation.

Programs that are currently running on your computer are interfering with the installation process

Disable programs that might be interfering with the installation process. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start windows icon , type msconfig in the Search box, and then click msconfig.exe.

Notice icon If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.

On the General tab, click Selective startup, and then clear the Load startup items check box.

Click Services, click Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.

Click OK, and then click Restart.

Try running your software program installation.

When you are finished troubleshooting the problem, restart the computer in Normal Startup mode. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start windows icon , type msconfig in the Search box, and then click msconfig.exe.

Notice icon If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.

On the General tab, click Normal startup, click OK, and then click Restart.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez