Is the night mode option for the free version 3.3.498 removed?

I restarted my computer and the next time glasswire started up the theme was reverted back to daylight theme when I was using one of the dark themes before ever since 2.x versions. Now looking at the theme options, all but daylight theme is locked behind premium. was this an intended update? I stayed on version 3.3.498 for a while and did not conduct any update.

Hi @ajitama,

We moved to a freemium model with release 3.2.490 Jan 31st 2023. With the freemium model, users have access to all the features within GlassWire with various limitations, including access to additional themes. Here is an announce I made which outlines details of the features now available on free.

Best,
Katie

So why was Themes something you decided users need to pay for? That seems ridiculous! @Katie_GlassWire

Hi @rjacourt,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your concerns about the recent change in our feature offerings. We understand that the transition from a free feature to a paid one can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As we continue to improve and expand our product, we occasionally introduce new features that require additional resources and development efforts. In order to sustain and provide ongoing support for GlassWire, we made the decision to introduce a Freemium and Premium model for certain features.

The freemium model of GlassWire enables users to freely access and utilize all the software’s features. Unlike previous versions, where certain features were blocked behind the paywall, our freemium model grants users complete access to GlassWire’s capabilities, with limitations removed on the Premium model.

We value your feedback and understand the importance of providing options that cater to different user needs. We encourage you to explore the free features that are still available in GlassWire, as they continue to provide a valuable experience.

We appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Katie