Issue with Glasswire and Flight Simulator

It is definitely ending in .conf, i have file extensions enabled always (you can see the other extensions in the screenshot).
Log level -1 is correct, right?

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct. I will ask our team if they have some ideas.

1 Like

Same problem here, when the firewall is on it doesn’t connect even releasing MFS 2020.

1 Like

@fernandokvb

In case you missed it, please be sure you’re using our latest software. It does solve the issue for some problems with this game, but not all the issues.

We are actively investigating this issue.

Just checking in to see if someone could send us logs for this. It will help us diagnose the issue.

@shadeless

I’m embarrassed to say I sent you logging instructions for our older software. Please do this instead:

• Install the latest GlassWire version.

• Stop the GlassWire service at the Services tab of the Task Manager.

• Open C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\glasswire.conf as Administrator.

• You should not add anything to that file, just change a single parameter: LogEnabled = true

• Then you should save the file and restart the GlassWire service.

• The log will appear immediately after the service startup.

• Then you should repeat the problem and send us the logs.

Hi I’m having the exact same problem with the latest version of glasswire, 2.2.241
its same problem with MS flight sim and a number of other “microsoft store” games.

log says …
28.20:30:05 [ERROR] glasswire::win::firewall::AddRule:713: Firewall. Rule adding failed: {GlassWire.in.app_-1856714697.profile_1.mode_2}, app: \?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume13\flightsimulator.exe
29.20:30:05 [HINT] glasswire::win::FirewallEngineWin::AddRules:227: error: 80070057
30.20:30:05 [ERROR] glasswire::win::firewall::AddRule:713: Firewall. Rule adding failed: {GlassWire.out.app_-1856714697.profile_1.mode_2}, app: \?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume13\flightsimulator.exe
31.20:30:05 [HINT] glasswire::win::FirewallEngineWin::AddRules:227: error: 80070057

… happy to send the log somewhere if you tell me how

@Trekky

Thanks, I will share these with the team.

With the new instructions, I managed to also get some logs. They show the same thing as Trekkys.
I also tried scanning the app again with the integrated virustotal scanner which also shows in the log.
In my unqalified opinion, I’m pretty sure the issue is the strange path formatting that leads to issues when trying to add the rule to the windows firewall ruleset (and scanning in virustotal)

26.19:01:07 [ERROR] glasswire::win::firewall::AddRule:713: Firewall. Rule adding failed: {GlassWire.in.app_-73490274.profile_1.mode_2}, app: \?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume12\flightsimulator.exe
27.19:01:07 [HINT] glasswire::win::FirewallEngineWin::AddRules:227: error: 80070057
28.19:01:07 [ERROR] glasswire::win::firewall::AddRule:713: Firewall. Rule adding failed: {GlassWire.out.app_-73490274.profile_1.mode_2}, app: \?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume12\flightsimulator.exe
29.19:01:07 [HINT] glasswire::win::FirewallEngineWin::AddRules:227: error: 80070057
30.19:01:13 [EVENT] Client session connected. Sid: 3, type: 2, protocol: 3, os: 1, version: 2.2.241.0, bound: 127.0.0.1:20000, remote: 127.0.0.1:50900, region: ‘’
31.19:01:37 [ERROR] glasswire::ScanTaskPrivate::GetAppHash:90: app hash calculation failed: \?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume12\flightsimulator.exe
32.19:01:40 [EVENT] Client session connected. Sid: 4, type: 3, protocol: 3, os: 1, version: 2.2.241.0, bound: 127.0.0.1:20000, remote: 127.0.0.1:50906, region: ‘’
33.19:03:57 [INET] TcpClient. Receive error: short read

@shadeless
@Trekky

Please send the full log file as an attachment to our helpdesk email. It appears we cannot get all the info we need from the copy/paste for some reason.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

I’ve now bought an Elite license so if you need more firewall logs etc. then let me know!

@bebramsa Thank you for upgrading and thanks for your offer!

Yes, more logs are helpful. Please attach the logs to your email and send them to our helpdesk.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

I sent the logs to the “bugs” email address.

1 Like

Ive sent the log file

@shadeless @Trekky

Our team is checking them now. Live long and prosper.

A new build of GlassWire with logging was sent out to two people who emailed us logs. Please check your emails and try the new build and send new logs.

Thanks for the logs. We are working on a solution.

Any update on this? Flight Simulator will not work with the firewall on, I’m using 2.2.41

@Willie

We are working on it. Microsoft doesn’t make it easy for the firewall to work with these types of apps so it’s taking some customization on our end if it’s possible to do.

Thanks for your patience.

Also some people reported our latest software helps with this issue if you haven’t upgraded yet.

1 Like

re “if it’s possible to do.”?
Its MS 1st party applications that the firewall is having trouble with. ( not just MS flight sim)
I think its a basic requirement for a firewall not to have to be set to “click to block” .

Can you perhaps add an option to allow all MS store applications through, without allowing everything else?

as a note, WFC6 seems to have similar issues, so the problem isnt only glasswire

3 Likes