Keep an app unblocked in the firewall?

With setting “ask to connect” in the firewall, is it possible to keep an app unblocked after its updated?

Google drive keeps getting blocked, and have to remember to unblock it to keep files synced.

I don’t use Google Drive, but have noticed that some installers trigger the “ask” prompt every time they update. In my case, every time a new version of Dropbox is pushed, I get prompted again, even though I have allowed the previous one.

I assume maybe that it’s a new version number or something that triggers this? Not certain…

1 Like

What zzz00m is saying and also every time there is an update of any app you will be prompted. I don’t think there is any way to avoid it. I use click to block myself. Just easier for me. :grinning:

1 Like

ok, maybe start to use click to block then. Keep forgetting to check gw when something is not synced

1 Like

I have found that it is sometimes necessary to use “click to block” to get some installers past a “no network available” error.

So if you are careful about what you have installed and run a “clean” computer, there is little likelihood of anything malicious suddenly attempting an outbound network connection. And anything making a new network connection will be logged regardless.

1 Like