Live Connections Map

I hate to show off my ignorance, but i guess it is preferable to sitting around like a chimp in front of a nuclear reactor control board…

So we have the new version running (that is the “Royal We”) and i am looking at a world map. On the left we have “All apps” highlighted. I see the US with a number that varies from the teens

through the 30’s in the middle and sometimes a pretty line to Ireland.

Can someone please explain to this chimp what the heck i am looking at, and just how i should be using this capability?

Thank you!

Kate can explain it better but you are looking the live connection that lets you know where your data is going and where it’s coming from. In other words, what country you are connecting to or state. Hope that helps. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @brucemc777,

That’s right @Batpup! The “Live Connections” are exactly that, they are showing you all the currently active live connections to each country, the number represents the number of hosts, if you click the number you will see all host and app information.

The geothermal map represents the amount of total traffic to and from each country within you selected time frame, I can see here you have yours set to 5 minutes. Just like the graph and the usage table views, the geothermal map will adjust depending on what filters you select from the column on the left. For example, you can filter by LAN or WAN, in or out, or by a specific app etc.

I hope that helps,

Katie

1 Like

OK folks, let’s go back to square #1. See the pretty image of the map i posted? Do we notice there are absolutely NO LINES? This is what is confusing me, as i have Firefox with many tabs open and MS Outlook running, along with a mess, plethora if you wish professionalism, running. The point being is that absolutely NO connections are being displayed even though in the shot as posted it would appear 17 are indicated. Although it is a very pretty map as maps go, i would like to know how to make them actually display.

1 Like

Hi @brucemc777,

Ah ok, looks like a bug. I’ll report it, thank you!

Katie

1 Like

As long as i have an audience… :slight_smile:

May i ask where the settings for automatic upgrades and “Check for Upgrades” went please?

And one more item, if i have yet to wear out my welcome…
In Settings|Things i have turned back on my “auto-scan” - for reasons unknown, it was off after i before set it on (i guess that though the top area has been changed to “Network Scanner”, the same item in “Settings” is still “Things”…). I have the following screen:
GW Things

May i ask if there is any reason i should NOT check all the protocols shown? Seems to me that though that might put a little more strain on the system, the opposite - with nothing checked - would leave open opportunity for missed “Things”! As i don’t really know what i am doing, i am depending upon you!!!

I have mine all checked. I don’t think it’s going to slow down the system any. You will get more info on your system. :grinning:

Hi @brucemc777,

Yes, that’s correct, the “Things” is “Network Scanner”, we have already fixed this to be consistent in our next release (soon). As for the auto update, you can find this on Settings > General and then ensure the tick box is selected. We haven’t yet pushed to the update of the latest version to users, hence why you were not automatically upgraded, but we will push the update early next week.

As for auto-scan and used protocols, these should all be enabled as default… I will check, but yes, we suggest you enable them all :smiley:

Katie

Oh my brain cells are getting, well, i’m not too sure what to call them as i swear i looked for that auto-upgrade over and over again as that is exactly where it was, but failed to recognize it. Might be getting to a time to take me out back with a shotgun, that’s embarrassing!

Glad you found it @brucemc777!