Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi everyone!..:slight_smile:

Just a heads-up, regarding the malware page and Microsoft Security Essentials; although it may be a little too late, now (deadline came a couple of days ago), MSE 2012 is ending (support for Windows XP) and there are numerous announcements on the web about it - such as:

… That’s it, happy holidays, happy computing! =)

P.S.

Sorry, new users can’t put links in posts.

You’ve confused Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Essentials! They are two different products.

Microsoft Security Essentials continues to be available for Windows 7.

Microsoft Security Essentials support for Windows XP ended a long time ago.

Just to ensure that there is no confusion. Here is the Windows Essentials 2012 Release Notes. Notice that Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer available from Microsoft since 10 January 2017. The end of support applies to Windows 7 and 8/8.1 but not Windows XP because support ended a long time ago.

With respect to GlassWire, Windows Essentials has one feature that relates to security: Windows Live Family Safety which “has been replaced by Microsoft Family Safety, which is now part of Windows 8.1”

This page provides late-breaking or other information about Windows Essentials 2012.

• Will Windows Essentials 2012 still be available for download?
  • What happens to my already installed Windows Essentials 2012 applications?

Jesus… Yes, that makes a lot more sense!.. It was the middle of the night /early morning (I think, LOL) when I’d posted the topic. Managed to sneak-in a little nap in the meantime and I can comprehend language - once again. xD

Thanks for taking the time to clarify that. What I did was to read teh glasswire.com/malware/ page and then panicked how some people, with older systems, may miss out on things, or whatever… Doubt that I’d even be able to deduce what was going on, exactly (heh). :slight_smile:

In any case, nice post, cool!.. Thanks again!! Happy holidays, best regards from Belgrade!

1 Like

No problem. I appreciate your concern other users. :grinning:

It is confusing - it took me a couple of minutes to work it out. If I hadn’t checked the page myself then I wouldn’t have noticed the mistake. I only looked because I was going to convert the URL in your post to a hyperlink - I always check the links are safe and useful before doing so.

2 Likes