Mini Viewer not showing up

I’ve had my mini viewer showing for a while now, and recently I noticed that I can’t get it to display anymore. Toggling it on and off, restarting my PC, none of what I’ve tried has worked.

Is there any way for me to fix this?

@Clorins

If you go to the top left “GlassWire” menu and choose “mini viewer” what happens? If you go to your “About” menu does it show you are a paid user? Maybe you were somehow deactivated?

If so please go to your order email and follow the instructions to activate our paid software.

@Ken_GlassWire when I try to toggle the mini viewer, the button correctly toggles between “on” and “off”, but the mini viewer never shows up anymore.

And yes I am a paid user and my account is still active.

Very strange! Do you have a second monitor? Is it possible the mini viewer got stuck off the screen on a secondary screen, or that it’s stuck behind another application window?

If not I recommend uninstalling GlassWire, then reinstalling using our “clean install” option. The reason I recommend this is because nobody has ever reported this before so I can only imagine it’s some kind of file corruption or unusual problem that should be solved by a clean install.

I remember users losing the mini viewer a few years ago. I certainly lost mine when making display changes:

If neither of these features are being used then I’d also suggest reinstalling GlassWire.

@Ken_GlassWire, there was also a GlassWire/video driver problem that was fixed. I’d be surprised if it is the problem but maybe there is a similar video driver issue: Mini viewer is off-screen somewhere

1 Like

@Ken_GlassWire / @Remah thanks for the responses!

It wasn’t on my 2nd monitor, wasn’t on a virtual desktop. Even re-installing without the “clean” option didn’t work. It wasn’t until I did a clean install that it started working again. Super weird, but thanks for the help!

1 Like