I can confirm similar behavior.
Everything works fine until I restart windows, then the connection is blocked and I have to remove the entries of portable apps. Once the “Do you allow it to connect?” dialogue is confirmed it will work just fine again.
How to reproduce the problem on any Windows PC:
- Set Glasswire to “Ask to connect”
- Download a portable app, e.g. “Kitty”
- Try to connect to some random IP, it doesn’t matter if that IP really exists
- Confirm that this app can connect to the internet
- Restart PC
- At this point Glasswire will block the portable app and won’t ask if it can connect again
- Delete the portable app from the Glasswire whitelist
- Confirm (again) that the app can connect to the internet
- The app will work until you restart your PC again
Its really annoying, other firewalls are not causing this problem. I’m not sure why Glasswire behaves like this because the binary name and file hash did not change after a restart.
Energy saving mode or a restart of the portable app won’t cause any problem.
I’m able to reproduce this problem on various pc and laptop configurations.