New Network Addition

I recently added a new piece of audio equipment that has wifi. Good to see that Glasswire picked it up immediately and displayed in Network. On the downside, my Netgear wifi extender does not show at all and neither does the old bluray player which is connected via the extender and ethernet. (Just a nudge for v2.x :<)

The wifi extender is essentially a simple bridge, but I would think that as an “invisible” bridge, the connected device would be captured. It does show on my Netgear router (Genie) and it did connect properly to the network and automatically updated its firmware. (Nice that function worked properly.)

1 Like

We’ll get this working for 2.0… we are redoing how the “Network” tab works and we are changing the name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear (read). I figured we’d see something new – especially in Network. Wanted to repeat this particular input even though it’s a rather minor concern. Yet in a way, getting a full network view isn’t truly minor and I figure you haven’t seen this from anyone bu me, so its worth providing.

Once we get the new version, I bet there’s just no end of input for you… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

If you’re planning to identify devices acting as transparent bridges then you’re going a bit deeper than I expected.

Does this mean that you going down the data collection/protocal analyzer path with GlassWire as a front-end to PCAP/WinPCAP or something similar?

1 Like

I think we will add PCAP someday, but not in the first 2.0 update.